Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced on before on there yj before? things got a little out of hand running through some mud this weakened lol.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I need one for my yj as well. I checked around and the glass is about $90 to $100. The local shop said they would install for $159 with tax and that included a new outer seal. To me it is well worth the $30 or so bux they are going to charge.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just paid $140 for one installed with new outer seal. Agreed it is well worth it.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I replaced mine about a month ago if you've done it before you'll do fine otherwise I'd say go real slow and use lots of poly to set it in.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you do it yourself, install the inner surround in the frame and the outer seal to the glass, then lay the poly to the inner surround and press in the glass. Tape down the corners of the outer seal with masking tape (pinter's tape if the paint is fresh) and leave overnight so it comes out nice and flush. That's how the glass company installed mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts