Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Current Mods:

June 2014 - SpiderWeb Shade Full Length ($100)
Sept 2014 - MOPAR Fuel Door Cover ($43)
Sept 2014 - JAM Just Add Mud Doorless Mirrors ($105)
Dec 2014 - Quadratec LED Headlights ($379)
Dec 2014 - Stickers and Magnets ($30)
Dec 2014 - Chargers Seat Belt Covers ($15)
Feb 2015 - Gutter Guard Grill Mod ($15)
Feb 2015 - Cinch Straps ($10)

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Planned Mods:

Teraflex 2.5" coil lift
Rancho 9000 shocks
Extreme Terrain bumpers/tire carrier
Rugged Ridge XHD 17" wheels
315 Duratracs
Barricade sliders
Regear to 4.56 with sleeves/gussetts/ball joints

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So here's the back story. In early March 2014 We were looking for a new car for the wife and she had always wanted a BMW M-Sport coupe. We found one out-of-state and put in an offer with the BMW dealership which was accepted. That's when the salesman turned into a complete douschenozzle (very long story) and we ended up pulling out of the deal.

2 weeks later we were in Denver on vacation and visiting some friends. We took a day trip down to Colorado Springs to check out Garden of the Gods. Before hitting the national park in our rented Nissan Versa we decided to grad some lunch. Well we happened to drive past a Jeep dealership on the way to lunch and saw a nice Cosmos Blue JKU parked right out front. We whipped a u-turn and decided to take her for a test drive.

After a 15 minute drive we told the sales guy that it was nice but we'd have to think about it, and that we were wanting to grab lunch and see Garden of the Gods. He said, "Well your experience at Garden of the Gods would be WAY BETTER if you had a Jeep! Why don't you take this one, come back in a few hours, and if you aren't totally in love with it then we will part ways with just a handshake.

Smart salesman.

We wrote a check 3 hours later.

This picture was taken while we were at Garden of the Gods on our "test drive."

And 2 weeks later she showed up at out house!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Looks good. I have the same lift, rims and tires. You will love them. Congrats!

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good. I have the same lift, rims and tires. You will love them. Congrats!
Johnnyp26, your Jeep is the reason I am able to do this build! I showed my wife pics of your rig and said "PLEEEEEEASE??????" She really liked the look of your Jeep and gave me the go-ahead. THANK YOU BRO!!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Johnnyp26, your Jeep is the reason I am able to do this build! I showed my wife pics of your rig and said "PLEEEEEEASE??????" She really liked the look of your Jeep and gave me the go-ahead. THANK YOU BRO!!
Well that is the ultimate compliment. Please tell her I said thank you.

Love the BMW as well, my next car when we get sick of the Acura will be a M3. Great color too.

I'll be following your build closely man, looking forward to see what's next.

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts
Fantastic, I'm partial to Cosmos and went to another state just to get one spec'd the way I wanted it.

Lets see more pictures!!!

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Attachments

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Installed the bumper today, took about 2 hours.

Attachments

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love my UPS guy! Set of 5 Rugged Ridge XHD wheels, 17x9, satin black with the machined silver lip. Got the rock rings Saturday.

I promised my wife that if I was gonna spend $6000 on the Jeep that I would wait until we actually NEED new tires. It looks like I have about 5K miles left before they become dangerous to drive on. So 315 Duratracs are gonna be on March!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts
Sweet! Keep that wallet empty!!! :beerdrinking:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts