Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching and couldn't see a thread about this. I am experiencing some winning during acceleration with my 07 JK. Not sure what it is but I did a Google search and some simlar posts advise of a Tensioner Pulley goes bad/gets wet and causes the wining.
Has anyone else experienced this and does the tensioner pulley sound like the correct fix? Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
My wifes Chevy Trailblazer had a whining problem at start up and it would get louder at acceleration. We replaced the idler pulley and it went away. I would check all pulleys/tensioners in the belt system.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Did anyone else read the title with Charlie Sheen's voice????

·
Registered
325 Posts
Congratulations! I usually accelerate right before I win too.

Seriously, look at redskinswin a few posts above mine. That sounds like the problem.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I love winning. Brawndo helps you win at things like waving, which doesnt even make any sense.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brought it to my mechanic who advised that the dealership that installed the aftermarket diff covers either failed to use the proper diff-fluid, or did not put enough in and the bearings are shot and I need a full rear differential over-hawl. Es no bueno...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts