Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
anybody has an idea how to run the wiring of the windshield foglights...
thanks appreciate....:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Don't be silly. We love pics around here. Post 'em for everyone! :p

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
yeah I am working on the same project this weekend and would love to see some reference pics of running the wires.
X2 -Everybody here LOVES pics! :thumb:

·
Administrator
42,613 Posts
On a side note, I'd recommend against fog lights at the windshield. Fog lights have a broad light pattern and you can get a lot of glare off your hood at night. Fog lights are usually mounted on the bumper and driving/off road lights at the window.

Just my 2 cents worth but wanted you to be aware and safe.

·
Administrator
42,613 Posts
jeep noob here, what's the difference between an off road/fog light?
It's the beam pattern.

Fog lights are designed to disperse the light over a broader area while driving. long range and off road lights project ahead for a longer distance,

·
Registered
80 Posts
that picture helps a lot! thanks!

I gotta do some more research, everything on eBay says fog/off road...

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
On a side note, I'd recommend against fog lights at the windshield. Fog lights have a broad light pattern and you can get a lot of glare off your hood at night. Fog lights are usually mounted on the bumper and driving/off road lights at the window.

Just my 2 cents worth but wanted you to be aware and safe.
This. You do not want any form of "fog" lighting above the bumper. It will just bounce back and blind you. Fog lights belong down low. Driving lights are another story.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You need to be more specific what "wiring" do you want to run?

I have a set of KC daylighters (long rang) on my 08 JKU. I ran the wiring under the hood into the engine bay to for relay/battery access and from there it's wireless, no wires in cab, just a key fob :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts