Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like first hand experience from those who have had these tires in the ice and snow. Please let me know how they performed and if they were sipped or not.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
33x10.5 KM2s siped.

I've had no issues with traction (other than what to expect with any MT) with my KM2s.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ahhhh I see you asked here. I see its as a jeep in the snow. 4wd an keep them spinning they will be awesome.

I deff want to sip mine. Help on rock traction as well and keeps tires cooler to last longer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
KM2's aren't the greatest snow tire out there. They are ok in soft snow conditions, however there's just no bite on firm to hard/icy snow conditions.
I've got Goodyear MT/R's now and they are much better in the snow, but the Goodyear Duratrac tires are better.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
IslandTJ said:
33x10.5 KM2s siped.

I've had no issues with traction (other than what to expect with any MT) with my KM2s.
I have the same tire and size as you. Would sipeing them really be worth it

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
3 different sets of KM2s in the snow. No real issues they work fine if you drop the tire pressure a little but and don't drive like a bone head. I've found they clean out well from slush and wet snow VS at style tires. Are they the best on ice, no but unless its studded no tire will do that great on ice cut or uncut.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I also see plenty of snow here in the northeast and i think they're great in snow. Would a studded snow tire work better in light snow? Of course, thats what snow tires are designed for...but if you drive like you should, keep your distance and speed down, km2's perform great for an mt. In deep snow they're fantastic.

·
Registered
496 Posts
ive heard more than a few negative comments about bfgs in the snow.you could find a way better tire.sipping is awesome for snow/icey conditions.myself and a few others have had great results with interco trxus mts and goodyear duratracs...but there are other brands that work well also..i know a few guys that love their toyo mts in the winter.

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive heard more than a few negative comments about bfgs in the snow.you could find a way better tire.sipping is awesome for snow/icey conditions.myself and a few others have had great results with interco trxus mts and goodyear duratracs...but there are other brands that work well also..i know a few guys that love their toyo mts in the winter.
I need to buy the 33x10.5x15 tires and in that size I am very limited in what manufactures carry them.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,620 Posts
I siped two sets of BFG KM2 tires & the wet road traction was much better. I don't remember if I drove on icy roads with them or not but sipes are a major traction improver where icy or wet roads are concerned. Since you live where the roads get icy, I wouldn't hesitate to sipe them. My first set cost me $10 per tire to sipe, my second set cost $15 per tire. Both were done by the America's Tire/Discount Tire chain.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Anybody got pics of a sipped km2

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I have the same tire and size as you. Would sipeing them really be worth it
Yes, siping is worth it :). It rains a lot here in Oregon and siping my MTs really helps on asphalt. I've heard that the KM2s do not do well in the snow but I disagree, I haven't experienced the issues that some have posted. I've gone on many snow runs and my KM2s hold their own.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discount tire siped them :)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Looks like they just cut across the tread is that all it is I've never seen a sipped tire before

1 - 20 of 22 Posts