Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around lowes today for stuff to make a custom sun shade and thought, "this is dumb, i should be doing something more winter-related." But I couldn't think of anything...

So, what ya got? Mods, stuff to make, things you should have to "winterize" your trail kits...?

Anything goes, I guess. (Could probably put this on the main forum, not just TJ.)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
check all weather stripping, replace as needed, get out the tire chains check coolant freeze temp. if not good to -10 colder than the lowest you remember last year or better, replace & flush. get slab of cardboard, put under backside of seat cover (when it gets really cold put it in front of the radiator to keep engine warmer) bring bag of cat litter. I also take an extension chord to plug in the block heater when I get to work. I get there first and take one of 3 external outlets.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
tallzdatank said:
check all weather stripping, replace as needed, get out the tire chains check coolant freeze temp. if not good to -10 colder than the lowest you remember last year or better, replace & flush. get slab of cardboard, put under backside of seat cover (when it gets really cold put it in front of the radiator to keep engine warmer) bring bag of cat litter. I also take an extension chord to plug in the block heater when I get to work. I get there first and take one of 3 external outlets.
Were would one find a block heater out of curiosity

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
any parts store would sell a universal type one. its an inline heater for your coolant and will get it around 150 degrees. fairly cheap. most vehicles where I live are sold with them stock cuz it gets snot freezing cold up here.

·
Registered
723 Posts
You could always get the parts at lowes to make some homemade disconnects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts