Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone know about good snow plow kits for the Wrangler? Just got the first bit of snow and am beginning to consider having this for the future after my back feels broke from shuveling. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Cosmoblue said:
Hey does anyone know about good snow plow kits for the Wrangler? Just got the first bit of snow and am beginning to consider having this for the future after my back feels broke from shuveling. Thanks
Not many people plow with their JK's and a lot think it is done better by a full size pickup. The problem is the plow makes the suspension sag a lot and plowing puts a lot of wear and tear on the engine and transmission. Depending on how big your driveway is you might be better off buying a big snowblower or even a kubota-like-tractor with a bucket/plow. You can find those on craigslist or heavy machinery auctions

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
There are a select few brands which manufacture abs material plows for jeeps and modern day half tons thay cannot hold the heft of a steel plow. Might i suggest an atv for plowing or pay somebody, jeeps are off road rigs and the suspension by tradition is not designed for maintaining that type of unique abuse a plow presents.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
My good friend with a 2012 Arctic just got his Snow Bear plow. Actually, he got the attachment from them. The actual plow is from his old pathfinder, and is all aluminum. He just does his driveway with it though, not commercial work.

Snowbear

·
Registered
3 Posts
Be careful with the plows on your jeep. The front end is already MUCH heavier then the rear. Espeically if its only a 2 door

1 - 8 of 8 Posts