Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I put winter tire treads on the back do I need to put the same on the front. Is it better to put on all four wheels? What manufacture produces the best winter tire?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just put a set of studded mastercraft msr on my wrangler. We have had some icy roads the last few mornings and traction has been excellent. They are available in 265/70r17 which is very close to the stock size. And mastercraft is made by cooper which is an american owned company.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If you want a real winter tire, then look at one of the dedicated winter tires like the Blizzak or Nokian Hakkapalittas.

If you want a decent winter all terrain, then the Duratrac or Cooper ST Maxx are good options.

Mike

·
Registered
395 Posts
Best to run the same tires on all 4 corners. I just installed a set of 265/70r17 Winterforce UV. The difference over the stock MT/Rs is incredible. Can't wait for it to snow again!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Rear winter tires are useless if you can't turn and winter tires help alot with braking on ice. I'd spend the money and put all 4 on. Are you looking for a dedicated winter tire or an all terrain tire that is winter rated? The new bfg ko2 are scary good on snow and ice

·
Registered
785 Posts
Only 2 winter tires is a bad idea, you should not mix.

I did put back my Blizzaks this weekend, good look is gone, but I would not drive without these skinny winter tires during snow season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts