Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant World Wood Publication Font
My wife found this and sent it to me, thought it was timely and worth sharing...

·
Super Moderator
14,285 Posts
That's why the TC shifter is on the left side of the transmission shifter. So that the driver can pull the TC into 4H as they're sliding.
To those that say you should already be in 4H, around here the roads are mostly dry, with an occasional snow packed or icy patch. If that unseen snowy patch is on a curve and a driver is going along at highway speeds, it can get exciting.
Driving a Jeep can save on tow bills. For the Jeep owner and the hapless driver that we might encounter with a 2WD vehicle already in the snowy ditch. I keep a recovery strap in my console.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: tashley680

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just took my top off and put it back in storage. A summer with it off and I am not sure I will ever really want it back on.

Winter is here.
Welcome to my world. I only keep the top on one of mine because one stays outside. If you can deal with the weather, the top just gets in the way. JMHO.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I am glad i dont have to drive a short wheelbase jeep in winter anymore. My 1996 Honda Accord was 100x better in the winter than my wrangler. And i never put it in a ditch and i cant say the same about my Wrangler. I did manage to put my Tacoma in a ditch last winter though and it has 235/75r15 all season tires on it but they still managed to get enough traction to pull out of it. I would take a FWD car over any RWD anyday.

Reactions: Valkyrie'sRide

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently Honda type vehicles weren't meant for off road.
Came across this yesterday on one of our local trails.
Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

This guy narrowly missed rolling down the rest of the mountain thanks to the trail. I wonder if the driver said "Hang on, I want to try something...."
No snow was involved.

·
Registered
643 Posts
View attachment 4528448
View attachment 4528449
This guy narrowly missed rolling down the rest of the mountain thanks to the trail. I wonder if the driver said "Hang on, I want to try something...."
No snow was involved.
By the type of damage, I'd say this was a stolen vehicle, and/or insurance fraud. The damage to the roof, front bumper, not being damaged, and the littler laying around it, are just a few major red flags.

·
Registered
2012 sport flame red 6 speed
73 Posts
By the type of damage, I'd say this was a stolen vehicle, and/or insurance fraud. The damage to the roof, front bumper, not being damaged, and the littler laying around it, are just a few major red flags.
Bullet holes?

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're likely correct, but it doesn't roll along with the fun theme of thread.
Next week we'll post a follow up of what's left. Lol

Reactions: dgsimick

·
Super Moderator
14,285 Posts
That was my first thought. There's vehicles like that all over the Bronx and Brooklyn and parts of Manhattan (and those are paved roads). The bullet holes came after the vehicle was abandoned. Just for fun.

And look, there's a Bronco in one of the pics. Out on a trail (apparently trying to keep up with the Jeeps).

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
View attachment 4528448
View attachment 4528449
No snow was involved.
Looks like my Accord after it started getting so many issues it was no longer worth repairing (mostly rust) so i took it off some sweet jumps :ROFLMAO:.

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's why the TC shifter is on the left side of the transmission shifter. So that the driver can pull the TC into 4H as they're sliding.
To those that say you should already be in 4H, around here the roads are mostly dry, with an occasional snow packed or icy patch. If that unseen snowy patch is on a curve and a driver is going along at highway speeds, it can get exciting.
Driving a Jeep can save on tow bills. For the Jeep owner and the hapless driver that we might encounter with a 2WD vehicle already in the snowy ditch. I keep a recovery strap in my console.

Good Luck, L.M.
Winter before last I spun my jeep twice in my last 12 miles to the house heading home just after sunset when suddenly coming upon wind-blown bands of foot deep drifted snow across an otherwise clear two lane 65 mph state highway. I was only going 45 or so in the second event but still couldn't prevent the spin and was very lucky to not meet other vehicles or completely leave the road.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts