Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's all remind each other about some things we need to do make sure our Jeeps are ready for winter. I'll start it off.

Check your coolant/anti-freeze...One of those little testers with the balls in it is inexpensive and available at your local auto parts store. Make sure your coolant will protect from feezing in the area you live in.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Hmmm, don't have to worry about that much out here in the desert.

But also don't you all usually use a lighter weight oil in the winters also?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5w30 winter 10w30 summer usually works pretty good. I think 10w30 works pretty well all year unless your in a very cold climate.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
More advice. Make sure to keep a flask of your favorite Tennessee sour mash hid under the seat.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
and another one in the tool drawer. It will ease your pain as you're freezing and reaching for the wrenches to fix the latest trail modification.

·
Registered
342 Posts
also, as far as gear, make sure u got a good tow strap, first aid kit, i have one of those portable electric generators that i plug into my cig lighter with an air pump, emergency lights, 2 3 prong outlets and things like that, have some kind of blanket, and other things of that nature

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
khenderson said:
or you need to bury someone.....errr.....get stuck in mud.
Man with the little camp shovel that I carry in the rig it would take me forever to bury someone. :( That's why you always make them dig the hole themselves because I would get bored with it. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts