Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the wipers supposed to park in the roughly 2 o’clock position? Mine park at about 12:30 and partially block my view

Reactions: 9278 YJ

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,916 Posts
There is a little keeper on the inside of the wiper arm that needs to be lifted to remove the arm so you can re-clock the arms to your liking. I would suggest running them on a dusty window to see the wipe pattern, then adjust them as far to the right to lower them in the off position as you feel comfortable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.
. I thought that just reclocking them would cause them to run off of the windshield. I will give this a shot

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just bought the windshield wiper upgrade kit from RipTech. They call it Wipeboy Wiper Upgrade. The kit is around $100.

Makes it so the wipers sit vertical on the windshield and have more coverage. I am about to install the kit today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
I just bought the windshield wiper upgrade kit from RipTech. They call it Wipeboy Wiper Upgrade. The kit is around $100.

Makes it so the wipers sit vertical on the windshield and have more coverage. I am about to install the kit today or tomorrow.

I think you will miss owning a jeep

·
Registered
318 Posts
The kit is around $100.

Makes it so the wipers sit VERTICAL on the windshield and have more coverage. I am about to install the kit today or tomorrow.
So you spent $100 to have them park at 12:00?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Yep, I have an XJ and that's why I bought a YJ instead of a TJ. I didn't want my "Jeep" to be a car.

I know right? The jeep thing used to be about no utilitarian no frills ruggedness. Exposed hinges, visible spot welds, an interior you can hose out, wipers that obstruct your view and dont lay flat. If you dont like the way Jeeps are built you should just sell it and buy a JK.

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
These are thin wiper bladss and arms too...not like the newer tree-trunk ones. Not sure why folks have difficulty seeing with them in the factory off position.

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
Yep, I have an XJ and that's why I bought a YJ instead of a TJ. I didn't want my "Jeep" to be a car.

I know right? The jeep thing used to be about no utilitarian no frills ruggedness. Exposed hinges, visible spot welds, an interior you can hose out, wipers that obstruct your view and dont lay flat. If you dont like the way Jeeps are built you should just sell it and buy a JK.
I have a piece of dental floss keeping my passenger side blade on. Dealer woulda charged $100 for the floss and $75hr+ labor, 3 hours lol. Was a field fix that never unfixed, so it's been on there a couple of years now working great. Love the look on people's faces when they ask what it is and why lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,669 Posts
I have a piece of dental floss keeping my passenger side blade on. Dealer woulda charged $100 for the floss and $75hr+ labor, 3 hours lol. Was a field fix that never unfixed, so it's been on there a couple of years now working great. Love the look on people's faces when they ask what it is and why lol
McGuiver drove a YJ on TV. Your dental floss fix is a fitting tribute to that show and to the term "McGuiverism".

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: Delagem

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,916 Posts
McGuiver drove a YJ on TV. Your dental floss fix is a fitting tribute to that show and to the term "McGuiverism".

Good Luck, L.M.
How do you think he learned how to do all that stuff with a paperclip. chewing gum and a pocketknife???

He owned a YJ...….

·
Registered
42 Posts

No lol. I paid $100 to park the blades at 9:00. My brain is bad with vertical and horizontal. I said vertical but I meant horizontal :)

Miss driving a Jeep? Lol. I guess we all have different likes. I personally prefer having unobstructed view out of the windshield and a higher percentage of “wipability” if you will, and I will. I have OCD and I’m into aesthetics. I still drive a Jeep :)

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts

Good Luck, L.M.

Good Luck, L.M.
How do you think he learned how to do all that stuff with a paperclip. chewing gum and a pocketknife???

He owned a YJ...….
It comes on H&I frequently and I love the scenes where he is driving his YJ! #inspired lol

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts

No lol. I paid $100 to park the blades at 9:00. My brain is bad with vertical and horizontal. I said vertical but I meant horizontal

Miss driving a Jeep? Lol. I guess we all have different likes. I personally prefer having unobstructed view out of the windshield and a higher percentage of “wipability” if you will, and I will. I have OCD and I’m into aesthetics. I still drive a Jeep
Glad you're happy with it. It always sucks to have some little thing gnawing away at ya every time you drive your Jeep!

·
Registered
343 Posts

Is this the mod you need to pull the dash and fold down the windshield to do?

·
Premium Member
289 Posts

Good Luck, L.M.

MacGyver (verb) made it into the Oxford English Dictionary...

Not to be confused with Mickey Mouse!!

JohnD

Reactions: Got it at last
1 - 20 of 20 Posts