Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue i'm having.. i'm not sure who all out there has snow right now..? we're getting a dump, about a foot so far with more to come, and i'm realizing the wipers are sorta horrible.

the blades sit further down from where the heater hits the windshield and they freeze up and get snow/ice on them and then quit working... any advise? can you adjust the wipers to sit further up?
(and just to be clear.. i clean the window off and also clear the blades of all ice prior to driving around)

·
Registered
66 Posts
After yesterday's storm in the northeast, I too would welcome anyone's wisdom here. Are there better wiper blades? In the army we just stood up, reached over the windshield and whacked the blades and used our hand to scrape the window. Thank God for the M60 tank heaters we plugged into the center console area...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have run Anco winter blades year round & love them,they are heavy duty & last longer,I'll bet a counterman at the parts store could show you how to easily adjust your wiper blade height

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
And keep the heater set on high on the windshield

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Go to the parts sore and ask for "Winter" blades:thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Winter Blades and defrost only will be your friend when driving in those conditions.....and you will soon understand why everyone says Wrangler heaters are so great....:)

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I just picked up some Anco Contour blades. They work very well and are a beam type blade with no exposed metal that will freeze up.

There is also a $15 rebate so bottom line cost will only be $5.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i've had the heaters on high and it defrosts the windows nicely but the wipers sit lower than where the heater hits so this doesn't do much good for them.

i'm going to try out a different set of blades but might purchase a heated set if it comes down to that :S

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
it is very easy to adjust your blade position,,,just google it up...very easy

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know on my TJ you just pull em off and you can put them back on with a little higher cant. Look up how to take off the blades and when you go to put them on you will see what I am talking about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts