Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So I’m seeing that when my wipers are at rest/parked, they are going a touch too far down, and the far end of the blades are between body and windshield. Am I missing a windshield surround? Can I adjust blade position?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Already done lol. Each little spline translates to a pretty big movement at the end of each wiper. Silly trigonometry!

Wiper on there were torn at the end, and this is why. I would like a position a little lower but I’m happy. Wipers can last a bit.

P.S. Do jk’s not have a windshield surround?!?! My TJ does.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
To answer OP's question - No, the JK/JKU windshields do not have a surround to cover/fill the slight valley between the glass and the frame.

·
Super Moderator
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I flipped your PICS for you..:)
Thanks man.

Btw, I figured out the following fix when iPhone pics are rotated improperly upon posting:

Go into pic on phone, edit, hit rotate 4 times. Pic will rotate 360° and look the same. Repost. Voila.

·
Super Moderator
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To answer OP's question - No, the JK/JKU windshields do not have a surround to cover/fill the slight valley between the glass and the frame.
That’s weird. Considering my TJ and every other vehicle has it.

I think it looks kind of cool the way it is.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
On bring-a-hobo-to-work days, which are every day except the 4th Wednesday in July, they let the hobos look after the fine details like lining up the wipers, putting on the extra 75 pieces of rubber trim to block the water leaks, and stuff like that.

If anyone else chose to really compete with Jeep in this space, FCA would be in trouble. It will be interesting to see if the Bronco and Baby Raptor impact this demographic... Or if Toyota will keep pushing into the more-authentic TRD off-road gig...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts