Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 98s wipers won't work. I pulled the fuse and saw its blown so I replaced the fuse but still no wipers. What is my next step? How can I test the wiper motor?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Are you sure it did not just blow the fuse again? Sometimes you can’t easily see that they are blown so using a meter is needed to be sure.

If good, unplug the wiper switch connector in the steering column. With a test light check for 12v power at pin 5, a pink/black wire from fuse 14 in the fuse block behind the glove box. If good make a short jumper wire & jump from that pin to the 4 pin, brown/white wire which should give you low speed. Then try jumping to the 6 pin, red/yellow wire for high speed. If both work you probably have a bad switch. You can then test the switch by checking for continuity on the switch side of the connector (still unplugged) between the 5 pin & each of the 4 & 6 pins with the switch in the low & high positions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts