Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home in the rain today, turned wipers on low and nothing, turned on high and they worked fine. Wipers won't park though now, how do I tell if it's the switch or the motor? Not really handy when it come to electrical problems

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
parking is wiper motor...... other is switch..... possibly BOTH......

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My question is how can I check to see whats bad. I don't wanna throw money away replacing both if I don't have to

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Up until yesterday the wipers worked fine, can't imagine the switch and motor both went bad at the same time

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
See which one is least expensive....... go for that one....you already stated you are not handy with electrical problems..... nothing I say is gonna make sense to you anyway..... unless you already know how to use a multimeter.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Minded the exact same thing about six months ago. They would mysteriously work then stop there and work again. I i replaced the motor first. It worked perfectly. I did not have to replace the switch. In my opinion I think your motor is going bad. It's not that expensive and it's not that hard to do.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hows the clutch btw- i got mine all together and running but my clutch is a little loose and a bit hard to get into gear- im going to try and bleed the slae and master a little more today
Clutch is working perfectly, I had a heck of time getting my slave and master bled right when we did it. But it's all good now.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Minded the exact same thing about six months ago. They would mysteriously work then stop there and work again. I i replaced the motor first. It worked perfectly. I did not have to replace the switch. In my opinion I think your motor is going bad. It's not that expensive and it's not that hard to do.
I picked up a motor from advance this morning, gonna replace it this afternoon, and hopefully that will fix it. Eventually want to replace the high-low switch with a intermittent one as soon as I find one. From what I understand its a direct bolt in

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I picked up a motor from advance this morning, gonna replace it this afternoon, and hopefully that will fix it. Eventually want to replace the high-low switch with a intermittent one as soon as I find one. From what I understand its a direct bolt in
Yep, and you don't have to get one from a Jeep. One from a Dodge Neon will work. It's on my list of things to pick up next time I go by a salvage.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, and you don't have to get one from a Jeep. One from a Dodge Neon will work. It's on my list of things to pick up next time I go by a salvage.
That's good to know! What year neons? There alot easier to find in the salvage yards here than TJs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts