Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like the back side of the door pin. Not 100% tho
are you referring to the switch that like tells if the door is open or closed?

and i must say sir, i really like your LED tail lights, going to do that to mine one day!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you Pop the door plunger out of the door jamb with a screw driver and hook that wire back up to the plunger you can take the #4 fuse (check the owners manual to be sure) out of the fuse panel behind the glove box to defeat the interior lights when you have the doors off (or open).

You will probably find the same wire disconnected on the driver side. If you don't take your doors off, you won't need to defeat the door light switch. If you like the darkness, you can leave them unhooked.

I used to unhook that wire on bothe sides, but found it 'mo better to use the fuse method because the interior lights will come on temporarily when you turn it on and shut it off

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you Pop the door plunger out of the door jamb with a screw driver and hook that wire back up to the plunger you can take the #4 fuse (check the owners manual to be sure) out of the fuse panel behind the glove box to defeat the interior lights when you have the doors off (or open).

You will probably find the same wire disconnected on the driver side. If you don't take your doors off, you won't need to defeat the door light switch. If you like the darkness, you can leave them unhooked.

I used to unhook that wire on bothe sides, but found it 'mo better to use the fuse method because the interior lights will come on temporarily when you turn it on and shut it off
Unfortunately I dont have any thing in that whole for the door plunger, but I know what you are talking about. The PO prob took it for that same reason you are describing. It doesnt give me any problems so not to big of a deal was just wondering what it could be.

Thank you for the information guys!!:thumb:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to help. As for the LED lights, its nerve wracking taking a saw to your Jeep. And you never get used to it lol.
HAHA yeah that can be nerve wracking :hide:

but question, i tried to install led lights in my stock tail lights and it would not work because the left tail light is for the license plate and it would give me a code error, how did u by pass that with the LED lights you installed?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
It's not that it's not reading the license plate light. The LEDs use so little energy that your system reads a blown bulb. Then your flashers are on rapid fire. If you can click my build in my signature then I have a write-up on how to fix that fast flash deal. It's very easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts