Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually pull my asd relay if I am parking in a sketchy part of anywhere but I am getting tired of opening and closing the hood. Anyone out there have a wireless kill switch? If so what is it hooked up to? I would worry about hitting the button on the remote by accident while driving. What about remote battery disconnects? Does it reset your radio every time or is there a workaround? i see a descent switch with a couple of keyfob remotes only costs about $30 it looks like. I am assuming you would wire it just like a regular kill switch except you wouldn't have to run it all the way into the cab. I have a strong hood lock on my stuff so I wouldn't worry about someone getting under the hood. Thoughts?

·
Jeep Flip-Ur-Top Commercial Member
873 Posts
I usually pull my asd relay if I am parking in a sketchy part of anywhere but I am getting tired of opening and closing the hood. Anyone out there have a wireless kill switch? If so what is it hooked up to? I would worry about hitting the button on the remote by accident while driving. What about remote battery disconnects? Does it reset your radio every time or is there a workaround? i see a descent switch with a couple of keyfob remotes only costs about $30 it looks like. I am assuming you would wire it just like a regular kill switch except you wouldn't have to run it all the way into the cab. I have a strong hood lock on my stuff so I wouldn't worry about someone getting under the hood. Thoughts?
I don't have any experience with a wireless kill switch, but I did this: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/installed-oro-kill-switch-1708802.html
and am very happy with it. The hardest part of the install was twisting your body to get to the wire harness that you're tapping into...other than that it is very simple and only $49.99!

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was actually gonna run both...the switch and the remote since the price is right

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think I'd stay away for a wireless switch just because it could cause more issues then solve.

I just have a hidden switch on the clutch safety switch. It isn't going to stop a pro but will slow them down. Plus I have the SKIM key.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,381 Posts
The ASD relay circuit is not one I'd mess with much, I especially wouldn't add a wireless system to it. If there's a circuit in the Jeep that has to be 100% reliable, it's the ASD relay circuit.

At the most I'd install a very high quality SPST (on-off) switch in a hidden location and run good quality wiring spliced into the ASD circuit in a bulletproof manner.

On critical circuits, the engineering term is K.I.S.S. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts