Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere to get wires through firewall on passenger side or will I need drill and gromet a new hole

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Drill and grommets...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
the black spongy thing next to the computer has holes behind it. If you take a small awl or toothpick or ice pick, something thin and poke through it you will find holes. you wont hurt anything probing around, and there is room around where the heater core lines go through that same foam stuff.

Good luck fishing it out the inside though. theres so much stuff behind the glovebox you have to hope you see the wire and can fish it out. keep trying though, it will eventully get lucky and show itself

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
If you have a manual transmission, there is a rubber hole plug in the firewall just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal. You can drill a small hole through it and pass wiring through it into the engine compartment. That particular hole is used for the shifter cable for an automatic so if you have an automatic, that hole won't be available. There is another hole if you have an automatic, it's the hole the clutch pedal rod would pass through to the clutch master cylinder. It's on the top corner of the firewall near the master brake booster.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
the black spongy thing next to the computer has holes behind it. If you take a small awl or toothpick or ice pick, something thin and poke through it you will find holes. you wont hurt anything probing around, and there is room around where the heater core lines go through that same foam stuff.
I use this to pass my amp's 12+ cable through. It really helped keep that cable short. You can pull your wires through from behind the glovebox. Kevbz is right though, it's fun finding your wire, but once you do, it's a great route.

If you have a manual transmission, there is a rubber hole plug in the firewall just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal.
I also use this one.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
If you have a manual transmission, there is a rubber hole plug in the firewall just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal. You can drill a small hole through it and pass wiring through it into the engine compartment. That particular hole is used for the shifter cable for an automatic so if you have an automatic, that hole won't be available. There is another hole if you have an automatic, it's the hole the clutch pedal rod would pass through to the clutch master cylinder. It's on the top corner of the firewall near the master brake booster.

It is my continuing suspicion that there exists some Jeep equivalent of the "bat signal". Perhaps a stylized grille with a "J" in the middle of it that lights up the night sky whenever Jerry is needed to answer some detailed question in a WF thread...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
There are rubber grommets all over the firewall. Pick one, drill a hole in it smaller than the wire your using and shove it through, it seals itself.

Driver foot well. This one is running my rear side markers.

driver side rear roll bar.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2005 automatic. I'm looking at installing a CB radio and I think I can get the wires to come through that same rubber grommet the automatic shifter cable comes through. My question is would that cause any electrical interferance problems? I wouldn't think it would since its a cable for the tranny, but just want to make sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts