Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the wire is for that sits right above the bottom clips of the grill? It comes from the wires near the hood latch, goes to the right and down along side the headlight. There is a push in holding it to the frame. The jeep is a 2012 and its my first so I have no clue. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
995 Posts
does it go to the "Hood Open" warning light switch?

Post a pic

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
Fog lights?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
creepycrawler said:
Anyone know what the wire is for that sits right above the bottom clips of the grill? It comes from the wires near the hood latch, goes to the right and down along side the headlight. There is a push in holding it to the frame. The jeep is a 2012 and its my first so I have no clue. Thanks for the help.

Metal Automotive exterior Machine Steel

It's the wire that runs down on the bottom right of the picture. Sorry not near my jeep had to pull a pic of the web.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
creepycrawler said:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Motor vehicle

Here it is again on the right side to the left of the headlight. Running vertical.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'll look at mine tonight - assuming you don't get your answer before then.
Still thinking the warning switch though

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
enjerhoo said:
I'll look at mine tonight - assuming you don't get your answer before then.
Still thinking the warning switch though
I can't seem to find the answer anywhere so any info would be great. I also think its a sensor of some sort. I would like to know for sure cuz I moved it from where it mounts at the bottom. It was in the way of the mesh grill I put together.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Did you DIY the grill inserts or buy the RR kit?
Big proponent of DIY here since there is a high level of satisfaction making your own stuff. Did you do the blinker mod while you had the grill apart?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
enjerhoo said:
Did you DIY the grill inserts or buy the RR kit?
Big proponent of DIY here since there is a high level of satisfaction making your own stuff. Did you do the blinker mod while you had the grill apart?
I went to Home Depot and bought mesh, spray paint, double sided tape and glue. Cost me $20.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
creepycrawler said:
I went to Home Depot and bought mesh, spray paint, double sided tape and glue. Cost me $20.
And PVC strips. Did not do the mod. But I've been taking the grill off none stop. I added two lights that light the grill up they look cool at night. I might cut my fenders and lose the marker light so the mod would be pointless. Definitely blacking out the blinkers!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Pretty sure you're talking about the air sensor.

You can move it to the top of the cross member by drilling a 1/4" hole and putting the sensor back in place with the little plastic push-in clip that holds it in place.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rfortune said:
Pretty sure you're talking about the air sensor.

You can move it to the top of the cross member by drilling a 1/4" hole and putting the sensor back in place with the little plastic push-in clip that holds it in place.
That answers my last question. Thank you!

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
U think its cool to leave it zip tied to the back of where it was? It hangs lower now so if anything it's got better air flow.
Should be fine as long as the air gets to it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts