Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am installing 2 lcds and 2 cameras. these devices will be powered by a fused circuit from the battery and switched on by a relay. control of the relay will be from a switched wire of the radio.

what is the best way to attach 4 devices to this single terminal on the relay? I thought about having 4 wires go into a single spade connector for the relay and each of those wires to a spade connector for the device. since the devices are all less than 1 amp i think i could get by with 18-20 gauge and fit 4 of those into a single 12 gauge wire spade for the relay. or is there a better way?

·
Registered
848 Posts
A d block is the only other option I can think of but it's not like its necessary. Your way will work fine too.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I would use a terminal block just to keep the devices isolated, if for no other reason than ease of trouble shooting if a problem arises. Also, 4 into one can cause an increase in the resistance of the circuit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4 devices in parallel would actually decrease the circuit resistance. i dont know how a d block would overcome this.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
You are correct on the resistance. I don't like 4 wires into one crimp connector though. They are really designed for 1, but you can manage two. For four use some type of distribution block.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts