Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see quite a few questions about wiring lights. I just finished wiring up for 3 sets on my TJ, so I thought I'd show a few pics. This may not be the tidiest job, but everything is tied up, tucked in, and safe.
I used a "project box" from Radio Shack for my switches..

Your basic 4-prong, 30A relays. One has the coil (trigger) from the switch wired to battery +, the other two are wired to ignition + so that the lights can only be on when the key is on (more importantly, they can't be left on when the engine is off).

A fairly cheesy cover made from two more project boxes. Here you can see the wires from the switches coming through the fire wall through a grommet.

All three power sources to the relays are from the under hood fuse box, with inline fuses for each circuit. Again, not the neatest job here but the fuses are accessable and safe..

·
Registered
698 Posts
Very Nice !!!

:thumb:

Wiring auxiliary lights
I see quite a few questions about wiring lights.
Pat your sure right about that.
Great job on your install, & it looks pretty clean to me. Doing it the way you
did, DOES give you the Option of operating any of the auxiliary Lights in
any number of configurations.

I just finished a how to for those that are looking to hook up some lights
with out using any other add on switches, like Driving Lights with High Beams.
That can be found here
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/55w-fog-lights-and-55w-driving-lights-133622.html

They both should be able to help in some way or other

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It helps that I enjoy doing little projects like this. Right now I have an extra switch and relay all wired up, just need something to plug into that relay! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts