Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows how to wire a circuit to activate emergency lites with an illuminated momentary rocker switch that will deactivate when the ignition is turned off, or if I need to switch off manually, and won't reactivate when I turn key back on unless I hit the rocker switch again. I don't want to be going down the road with the lights flashing because I forgot to turn them off which wasn't an issue with the lite in the windshield. I asked the Jeep dealer if they could do it and they looked at me like I was asking for the impossible, but I would think with the right combination of switches, relays, and solinoids? it should be doable. Anybody able to enlighten me?:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
do you still use a dash light? if so why not just put it all on one switch, that's what i did when i used to bother having lights.
As a quick kind of thing you can find the fuse for the cig lighter and tap that and then put an inline fuse in that line to your switch..pretty sure the cig plug cuts out with the ignition.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to eliminate the dash lite, I'm trying to get rid of the gaggle of wires and all the clutter that accumulated in the last Jeep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts