Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2015 JK, my first Jeep since my old one was totaled in 98. Going to install some aux lighting, probably 5-6 lights total, including a couple pairs. Want a clean install, but not too complex (the guide in the sticky looks complex to me, or maybe its not). Is there a wiring for dummies guide somewhere, that explains what I need for resistors/fuses, and whatever else I need? I get the basics as far as how to get the basics, but I want it to be safe, and look nice.

·
Registered
267 Posts
sPod is the easiest.

All the info you'll need here:

Videos

SC

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Lots of diy spod articles kicking around. I combined a few to make a nice clean box for about 75 bucks for the Box and 50 for the switches.

The nice thing about making them is you can really take your time and design and wire the box and once it's all done put it in the Jeep real quick where it can sit and wait for a real fast accessorie install, no sitting there with your Jeep half apart only to realize you need to run out and grab another part. I only have one set of lights on mine right now but I left a terminal block prewired up so as soon as I get any more things that need power it's just a matter of popping in the correct fuse, running one wire to power on the box and grounding the other wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts