Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 98 TJ and the person before me/shady dealer I bought it from took out the soundbar (i think he parted out some of the parts before I bought it). I'm installing another soundbar, but the shady dealer I mentioned cut the wires off where the top meets the body.

I think there was supposed to be some sort of connector to hook up soundbar. Does anyone know if I can buy this connector or do I have to go old school and re-wire it?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I am sure you can get it at the dealer, but your gonna have a ball on the computer with the parts guy trying to figure out which one it is. Not to mention your gonna need that tool that presses wires into connectors. Id say try to find one in a junk yard, and "old school wire" the connector into your wiring :) If all else fails, you can always go to your Radio Shack or what have you, get a couple quick disconnects for wires, and add them in there.

Keep in mind, old school wiring will give you the best sound quality if properly soldered, over ANY connector. It will also last much longer, but be a PITA if you need to remove a lot. I believe my sound pods have connectors at the pods and thats it, but I am not possitive, and do not own a bar.

just my .02

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same issue when installing the soundbar in mine, the soundbar had a connector and the jeep had loose wires, I went the "old school" route and cut the connector off the soundbar and rewired it rather than trying to find a junkyard connector.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
Just rewire it :)

Left rear = BR/LB negative BR/YL positive.
Right rear = DB/PK negative DB/WT positive.

Dome light = PK/WT and YL

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
i installed 2 sound bars on my rig and just cut the connector.. (pics on 3rd page of car domain) The stock soundbar is in front right by the front winshield while the custom one (fits 2 6x9s) is where the stock one was. As the light goes i just extended the wires and now the stock sound bar is in front connected to the front dashboard speakers and the light is also in front and the 2 6x9s are in the rear connected to the stock wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts