Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. With the summer months coming up I'd like to put in a transmission temperature gauge to keep an eye on things in my 2009 JKU. I'm sure this'll apply to most any gauge. Question is where is the best place to get power for the gauge and also wire up the lead for the gauge to dim at night? I have a Kenwood stereo in place of the factory unit along with a PAC wiring interface to power it. I guess I could tie into that to get a switched lead as well as use the orange wire for the dimmer unless there's a better or easier way. I'd rather not pull my radio out for this if I don't have to. I've seen those taps that go into the fuse box that could supply power but then I'd still have to wire up the lead for it to dim from somewhere.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
I have gauges in my truck, I ran 12v fused directly from the battery and got the dimmer from the wires behind the headlight switch panel. I forget where the ignition signal came from.

It really depends on your gauges. I have the glowshift 7 color gauges, they require constant 12v so that they can remember what color they were on previously.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts