Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well during some routine maintenance, I find that my wiring harness comes up right between my trans dipstick and the block, actually being shoved into the block by the dipstick and a ground cable routing through the same tight space, shakin my head and sayin WHY. no way I can pull the harnesses either way to get nuff slack to get over/around the dipstick. do I just pull the dipstick and reinstall? be workin blind from below, only feel 1 bolt-head up there, is it that simple??

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
What routine maintenance are you doing that requires you to even be messing around there ? The dipstick is inside the tube that never has to move.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was flushin my coolant, checking back side of engine which had recent oil leak due to poorly installed valve cover gasket and noticed this pinched down in there, dam loom is melted in 1/2 and been taped, cant pull it free nuff to get it off the block, all I can figure is pull the tranny dipstick TUBE and all and flop it around and replace it...cant find anything on Utube for tj trans tube, I can feel a bolt head right close to it.....not sure if its bolted or just got an Oring fit............thnx GGf i'll peek it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts