Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a new 2017 Wrangler and noticed a loose wire in the glove box. What's it for??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
for an option you don't have. I.E. Climate Control?, Heated Seats? AC Inverter? I have a 14 and this wire is not present.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for an option you don't have. I.E. Climate Control?, Heated Seats? AC Inverter? I have a 14 and this wire is not present.

Thanks for your help! Have the heated seats and climate control. My model is the Overland which is the equivalent of a fully optioned Sahara.

To be honest I was kind of hoping it was some sort of plug and play way to install a CB radio as I'll be getting one in the next week or so

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
When you take it in for your first routine service, ask.

Then come back and tell all of us.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks for your help! Have the heated seats and climate control. My model is the Overland which is the equivalent of a fully optioned Sahara.

To be honest I was kind of hoping it was some sort of plug and play way to install a CB radio as I'll be getting one in the next week or so

Check with volt meter to see if you have acc power present. Still would be nice to find out what it was intended so you trace back to fuse.

·
Registered
660 Posts
That's not what the OP's connector is.
Didn't say it was. If you look at the install PDF you will see that it instructs to install harness, behind dash, to the only applicable accessory source tied to the battery bypassing CAN BUSS. Harness looks like it maintains connection to other sources.

There also ways to install an ACC source from the fuse box, but gets a little more complicated.

Just giving the OP some tips how to accomplish what he is after. Hope it works for him.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Didn't say it was. If you look at the install PDF you will see that it instructs to install harness, behind dash, to the only applicable accessory source tied to the battery bypassing CAN BUSS. Harness looks like it maintains connection to other sources.

There also ways to install an ACC source from the fuse box, but gets a little more complicated.

Just giving the OP some tips how to accomplish what he is after. Hope it works for him.
OP bought a new jeep. He opened the glove box and this wire was poking out. All he wants to know is what it is. He didn't say that he was trying to accomplish anything or add anything. He just wants to know what the wire is for.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
OP bought a new jeep. He opened the glove box and this wire was poking out. All he wants to know is what it is. He didn't say that he was trying to accomplish anything or add anything. He just wants to know what the wire is for.
Stop. You are not adding anything of value to this thread.

Thank you.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Stop. You are not adding anything of value to this thread. Thank you.
Kinda harsh response don't ya think? The OP has a new Jeep, so his point was valid. Another member pointed out it was an aftermarket add-on which seems to be unlikely since he bought it new.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Kinda harsh response don't ya think? The OP has a new Jeep, so his point was valid. Another member pointed out it was an aftermarket add-on which seems to be unlikely since he bought it new.
I do not think I was harsh at all. OP posted a question. Then stated that they will be looking add a CB radio. Then another member posted something helpful to do that. OP thanked them for it and then allikanbe tells the person who was thanked by OP that he should not be posting what they did post. If I missed understood please forgive me.

Thanks!
Jayson

·
Registered
660 Posts
I suggest you go backwards and read...

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I suggest you go backwards and read...
No offense taken, but "Wiring in glove box...What for?
I've just bought a new 2017 Wrangler and noticed a loose wire in the glove box. What's it for??"

I read that as I just bought a new Jeep and this wire is in the glove box. What is it for?

Did I miss something?

·
Registered
660 Posts
No offense taken, but "Wiring in glove box...What for?
I've just bought a new 2017 Wrangler and noticed a loose wire in the glove box. What's it for??"

I read that as I just bought a new Jeep and this wire is in the glove box. What is it for?

Did I miss something?
You missed the part of the OP's intention of original post. As far as the wire in the glove box.. Don't Know!..

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
You missed the part of the OP's intention of original post. As far as the wire in the glove box.. Don't Know!..
I didn't miss any intent because there was none.

"Wiring in glove box...What for?

at no time did the OP say that he wanted to install, connect, remove, add on, or anything else. All the OP asked was what it was for. You provided a pic of a wire that could not possibly connect to it based on the connectors. You may as well have provided a pic of a bumper.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I didn't miss any intent because there was none.

"Wiring in glove box...What for?

at no time did the OP say that he wanted to install, connect, remove, add on, or anything else. All the OP asked was what it was for. You provided a pic of a wire that could not possibly connect to it based on the connectors. You may as well have provided a pic of a bumper.
you better read the "OP" post #3 :lmao:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts