Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 sport and I currently have my windshield mount KC lights ran to a switch mounted underneath the steering wheel. I noticed that the blank knockout next to the rear defrost and the rear wiper rocker switched is prewired and I ordered a rocker for it and was wondering how to rewire my KC's to my new prewired rocker for a cleaner look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I ordered a switch like this off ebay the other day. It did come with some instructions. I'll look around and see if I still have them. One problem I have with the switch I got, the LED light, which I believe should come on when the switch is one, that LED light is on all the time. I sent an email to ask why I might have done wrong, I have not heard back yet.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I ordered a switch like this off ebay the other day. It did come with some instructions. I'll look around and see if I still have them. One problem I have with the switch I got, the LED light, which I believe should come on when the switch is one, that LED light is on all the time. I sent an email to ask why I might have done wrong, I have not heard back yet.
You have it wired backwards. You need to switch the power wire and the wire going to the lights. What is happening is the led light only lights when power is on the back side of the switch. Since you have it backwards it is seeing power there all the time. This would make the led light stay on, but the aftermarket lights would still switch on and off normal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also ordered mine off eBay, mine comes with the wire pig tail, I'm wondering if I just run the wires that are currently going to my current switch to the pigtail on my new one if that would work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts