Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just starting out on wiring up lights and other stuff for my JKU and could use a little assistance/support for some likely "dumb" questions.

I have already installed an Apollointech 6 switch system to make life easier and cleaner.

I will be purchasing a bunch of LED's for 1) rock lights 2) A-pillar pod lights 3) front bumper lights and 4) rear lights. All of these will be for off-roading at night.

Since I have the Apollointech installed, is it as simple as running all the red wires to the positive terminals and the black wires to the negative terminals? I'm oversimplifying this as I would use a bus bar for the rock lights and make similar parallel connections for the other multi-light sets. Since the lights will be switched via relay (and they are very low current lights), do I need to concern myself with adding fuses on the positive lines prior to the positive terminal inside the Apollointech box?

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I'm just starting out on wiring up lights and other stuff for my JKU and could use a little assistance/support for some likely "dumb" questions.

I have already installed an Apollointech 6 switch system to make life easier and cleaner.

I will be purchasing a bunch of LED's for 1) rock lights 2) A-pillar pod lights 3) front bumper lights and 4) rear lights. All of these will be for off-roading at night.

Since I have the Apollointech installed, is it as simple as running all the red wires to the positive terminals and the black wires to the negative terminals? I'm oversimplifying this as I would use a bus bar for the rock lights and make similar parallel connections for the other multi-light sets. Since the lights will be switched via relay (and they are very low current lights), do I need to concern myself with adding fuses on the positive lines prior to the positive terminal inside the Apollointech box?
Yes, it's that simple. Red wire from light to Apollo red terminal and black wire from light to Apollo black terminal. Hit the rocker inside the Jeep and let there be light.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You do not need to add additional fuses. The overall box has a 100 amp fuse inline from the battery. Each individual relay has its own 20 amp fuse. Finally, the switch pod lights have a 3 amp fuse. So it is fused like crazy! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts