Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Krew Member
20,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wiring my CB in today. I was going to just use the cigarette light port and have it run power like that. However someone told me to get a fuse lead? Where you can replaced the current fuse in the box and the new fuse has a wire coming off for the hot side of your CB. Just wondering, what Fuse port should I put this in?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,127 Posts
2-way radios like CBs need to get their power directly from the battery, don't just stuff it into a fuse slot or cigarette lighter recepticle which can have noise on them. CBs need a quiet noise-free source of power and the battery is the only reliable source of that type of power. Other circuits can have noise on them like from the fuel pump or alternator.

A good source of power connected directly to the battery is the rear power stud at the very rear of the PDC (Power Distribution Center) which is in front of the battery. It has a nut holding the power lead from the battery there where you can attach a crimped power connection from your CB.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Turbostixxx said:
I am wiring my CB in today. I was going to just use the cigarette light port and have it run power like that. However someone told me to get a fuse lead? Where you can replaced the current fuse in the box and the new fuse has a wire coming off for the hot side of your CB. Just wondering, what Fuse port should I put this in?
My CB came with a inline fuse on the red wire. I tapped mine into the cigarette lighter so it basically has 2 fuses. I cut the wires in the back soldered them together and put heat shrink on on it.

·
Krew Member
20,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That works, didn't look before asking, just asked, Gracias Matt

·
Registered
542 Posts
I grounded mine to the dash, and the red wire I ran to the fuse box and tapped it into the fuse for the horn or something..drill a small hole up in the firewall to run your wire through. Easy as that. And it's already fused

1 - 6 of 6 Posts