Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used this site a ton and you guys have always been a great help. But, can't find a thread to solve this issue. I have a 2007 Jeep Sahara 2dr that came with half doors from the factory. I recently came across a set of full size hard doors with electric windows and locks from a 2008 JK. They were dirt cheap and in perfect condition so I snatched them up. Here is the problem my half doors are only a 2 prong plug-in for the chime and interior light on the door disconnects. The new doors are a 10 prong disconnect since they have the power equipment.

I know I have to place a new 2 switch gang unit in the center bezel to run the power windows and replace the bezel with an electric window style cut out. I figured being Jeep that would use one style of wiring harness and just be a simple plug and play design and maybe just flash the computer to get it to read but no such luck. I found that out after taking the dash apart.

Does anyone know how I can power and hook up the doors so they will work? The dealer wanted to sale me a complete rewiring harness for $1600 that is freaking crazy. They said that jeep doesn't build just the interior 10 prong disconnect for 07 and 08 only on the 2010-11. Do I need to find a wrecked jk with power doors locks and windows and splice it in some how?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts