Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '03 Sahara. It has the 15 x 8 Canyon rims with the 30 x 9.50 tire package. I am wanting to install a 2 inch OME lift and run 32 x 11.50's. I won't be doing any major offroading at least till I get it paid down a little. I was just wondering if i could run that setup with the stock wheels. I like the way these wheels look especially when you get some meat on them. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wider tires

I put wide tires that stuck out past the fender guards on my Jeep. Thought it looked pretty cool until I started driving it down dirt roads. My new Goodyear MT/R's would pick up rocks and throw them into the air. They would land on the Jeep's newly painted surface. Kinda of like being in a hailstorm. I have a couple of stone bruises now. As soon as I get some extra bucks I'm going to buy some Warn 6" fender flairs. Just something to take into consideration if you car about your paint job.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah that was one thing that concerned me. The sahara has the painted fender flares and i know once i chip them up I am sure it will be all down hill from there with the paint on the flares. I want to make sure that i have plenty of clearance and that I am not going to rub them and I figured leaving those wheels with that offset would keep them somewhat under the flares to keep some rocks in the fenders instead of in the paint.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You run a good chance of messin the flares up pretty good because all the outside lugs will be outside the flare sending everything you pic up (dirt mud rocks) along the sides of the flair.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
your gonna need spacers for tires that wide. just because they are 8 inches wide doesn't mean it will work. an 8" wide wheel is perfectly fine but the stock wheel has way too much backspacing and will rub when turning.

the rest of the setup sounds good though.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rickr you don't have any problem with rubbing any place?? I don't really want to run spacers and I don't want to have to worry about rubbing either.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Just put on some M/T Claws on there, and you won't have to worry about picking up pepples. Sticking out past your flares is only a problem, if your running small lugged tires. Just a thought. In the end, you do whatever fits your taste. Just don't be afraid of going large. Another thought.........it will give you a great reason to get tube fendors. :D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the wife is pregnant now and has enough trouble getting in with it stock so I won't be lifting it real soon anyway, but just trying to figure things out so i can start buying. I am going to be driving it every day and am gonna have a car seat in the back so I don't want to do anything too drastic for a little while.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i always thought that putting a lift on would pull the rear axle more towards the driver's side thus causing anything wider than a 10.50 tire to rub the spring perch on the passenger side. it can be fixed by grinding it down some so i have heard. just dont want someone to pop a new tire. sorry if i am wrong on this one. but i researched the idea before i put on my BB and 32's i decided to go with new wheels too. ( i like the stance i ended up with). good luck and sorry its long winded.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
the jafe runs this setup (32x11.50's on the canyon wheels) and he had to run spacers.

edit-he used to run this setup but just switched to 33's and RE 3.5" within last couple weeks. he's now runnin 10.50" wide tires but still with the spacers.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are the spacers really safe to run on a vehicle?? Especially If you are running much off road? It looks like there would be a lot of stress on the stock studs from the spacer and the wheel. What size spacer would you recommend for no rubbing with 32 11.50's??

·
Registered
678 Posts
A lift will pull the axle towards the passenger side if you do not add a longer trackbar or a track bar relocation bracket. My tires have large voids and they just throw bigger pebbles and break my damn mirrors.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Are the spacers really safe to run on a vehicle?? Especially If you are running much off road? It looks like there would be a lot of stress on the stock studs from the spacer and the wheel. What size spacer would you recommend for no rubbing with 32 11.50's??
i'd much rather run new wheels with less backspacing but "the jafe" hasn't had any problems and he runs paragon and rausch creek. i'd still rather have new wheels though.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I saw that but I didn't know what a Canyon was...

I was thinking if he had aluminum, he should definetly just go with spacers.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The canyons I have are aluminum alloy so you are saying that I would be best off to go with spacers? I like the look of these wheels and would like to keep them. Does anybody know what size spacers I would need to get to run 32 x 11.50's??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts