Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend crashed his 1998 wrangler 4 cylinder and was willing to sell it to me for 500 dollars the engine works but needs a radiator and battery. I was wondering if it it is worth it to buy it and fix it up but frame is all fine just needs body work

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you have the patience to part it out you would make money. The hard doors alone can bring 6 or 7 hundred bucks on cragslist if they didn't get bent up. the wheels with tires could bring $150 or so - you get the idea.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Buy it

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Trailrig

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
You could probly fix it up for less than 1500
And that's on the high side. I'm sure you could find all you need on craigslist. I would fix it my sell. Just too good of a deal to pass up !

·
Registered
455 Posts
Worth it for that price. Atleast you know you could part it and make money if u get tired of trying to fix it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
i would not even think twice, buy and make what i want. if you are at all a modifier, then you are exactly where you want to be at. go for it!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Buy it. If you want to repair it, you'll end up with a very cheap TJ you can keep or sell for profit. If you want to part it out, you'll make profit. Either way, $500 is a great deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts