So history, wrangler ran fine all day, never had an issue ever with it starting, parked it, went inside for 10 minutes came back out went to start it and it won't crank. For reference it's a 6 speed, 2006 4.0
Here is what I checked:
- Battery- 12.35V sleeping, 12.25V with fans on high, high beams, radio and "cranking" so I know the battery is good
- 30A Starter fuse checks 0.0 Ω
- Starter relay swapped with horn relay, no dice, horn works though
- Ignition fuse checks 0.0 Ω
- Fuel pump primes in "run" so ignition sequence is working also means ECU is not fried.
- Tried it in neutral so it's not the clutch interlock or neutral switch
The ignition pin 'shouldn't' be the culprit only because when I turn the key to "start" I hear the ECU click and the gas gauge and parking brake light goes off so it's sensing that I'm trying to start it.
The only possibility I can think is that somehow the wire to the starter solenoid broke in the matter of the 10 minute drive that I did home or the starter solenoid is shot. Both of these highly unlikely considering it has never shown an issue and bad starters usually act up first a bit as the solenoids usually will intermittently work.