Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 with zero issues 108000 miles love it. Now i just caught wing of the head issue if i buy a 2003 reman head will i be set for another 200000 miles. i want to catch a problem before it becomes one in timbuck two and i ruin the whole engine.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'm not following here. Your Jeep has zero issues and you want to replace the head on the engine? If the head on your engine is working fine I would leave it alone.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your probably right i just dont want to have issues these engines are good for 300 thousand plus i had never even heard of an issue with them consumer reports even said the engine was very reliable and like i said older cherokees ive sold have had 300000 plus and ran great

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not all 0331 heads crack can it happen yes but it's usually because the owner isn't doing normal check ups on the oil and cooling system like they should.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The previous owner of my 2000 TJ let it overheat and I ended up replacing the headgasket on it. Took the head to a shop and although the head was warped a decent amount, it was not cracked.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Theres no need to spend the money if you dont have a problem.. I have a 2000 and I had a 2002 And beat the hell out of the both of them and never had a problem... If you do all your PM and keep an eye on everything Your jeep will be good till 300K as it is... It wouldent hurt to check your oil once at leact every 2 fuel up's and check your coolant once a month... dont worry about the heads cracking until it happens... Like i said before if its not broken dont fix it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts