Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jumped into my 2001 Jeep to run to the bank it didn't crank over but my gauges just started bouncing all over the place. I turned the key off and jumped out of the jeep to pop the hood I could hear everything stop as I opened the hood. I checked the batter connection and everything looked good, I closed the hood and got back into try it again. Soon as I turned the key on everything just started bouncing again. This time a buddy was standing there and as I opened the hood he saw everything had stopped bouncing around. So I lowered the hood and again the gauges started bouncing. I disconnected the battery someone told me to have it checked. The garage said it was low, so I left it there to charge over night. Does this sound like it could be a low or bad battery issue.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
When you turned the key did you hear the fuel pump turn on? And the shop may be right. When my battery was failing it had similar symptoms.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You have a dead/bad battery.

J

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yep, same thing happened to me when my battery was shot. I found it strange that the gauges would all jump around but my battery was low and not holding a charge well. Replace the battery and it was fine afterwards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts