Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard a single relay click when i turned the key then it wouldnt turn over at all, batteries dead. Need help quick, I'm stuck in a parking lot.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I moved the battery terminals back and forth real wuick to break some corrosion off of em and few times and it seemed to work. Im wire brushing them now

·
Registered
209 Posts
This happened to me as well recently, same thing to get it started I wiggled the battery terminal clamps.

It is not always the battery terminals themselves. I suggest you take a good close look at the actual wiring, especially right where the wires are attached to the battery clamps. For me, the 10+ year old copper wiring was old and green oxidized and basically wasn't conducting well. Sometimes moisture gets in there and rots out the wiring. I cut that rotted piece off and put new clamps on the remaining good wire. Wrapped the wiring well and used some dieletric grease. No problems since.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I moved the battery terminals back and forth real wuick to break some corrosion off of em and few times and it seemed to work. Im wire brushing them now
If you can manually twist your terminals by hand, then that would be the fix by tightening them down. Of course to wire brush or sandpaper the terminals on battery and clamps sparkling clean before tightening them. I also spray a corrosion preventer on the terminals. I have not experienced any corrosion with this method. Love this product:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They were loosened by me and i was wondering if there was any type of spray so now i know, thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts