Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up Jeep from ECGS today:

Ford 8.8 conversion with SYE
4.10 gear change, oh yea lots more umph!
3 inch BDS lift and BDS shocks (actually more like 3.5, tape measure from concrete to fender flare 39.5 inches all four wheels)
33x12.50 BFG TAKO
Pro Comp Alloys

bye bye skinny's and crummy D 35:dance:

ran out of time so no pics yet:
plans for tomorrow:
alignment
fit spare tire
and pics
followed by some wheeling:punk:

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Not to rain on your parade, but if you have new gears there is a break in period of 500 miles. Any wheeling I have ever done would not fall under the recommendations to break the gears in properly. It will void the warranty too.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Not to rain on your parade, but if you have new gears there is a break in period of 500 miles. Any wheeling I have ever done would not fall under the recommendations to break the gears in properly. It will void the warranty too.

x2

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well crap, I guess I'll have to wait a day or three... At least it's done...

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
NC Bear said:
Well crap, I guess I'll have to wait a day or three... At least it's done...
If you don't mind me asking, what does an axle from ECGS setup like that normally run? Im looking at either 8.8 or S35

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a little less than the S 35 kit. In fact I regeared the front and bought the 8.8 for less.
What drove my cost up was the lift, labor, and and the SYE and axle.

Between the cost difference coupled with the fact that if I puked the axle with the S 35 then I'd really be stuck as no one around here carries the upgraded splines in stock. So if I chunked it on the trail, it would be a killer wrecker bill...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts