Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first real project other than fixing a few minor engine things: mounting a Pioneer compact subwoofer under the passenger seat. Mounted and grounded it with one of the seat mounts, and used rubber speaker feet at the mounts, with an extra in the middle. Now my wife says her seat vibrates (you’re welcome!). Nowhere near what some of you do, but building up confidence for the stuff under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts
Installing my sub under my seat was a big part of learning how electrical works. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: 9278 YJ

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah; looks like I disconnected my gauge lights in the process of making a permanent 12V to the radio!

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Yeah; looks like I disconnected my gauge lights in the process of making a permanent 12V to the radio!

Or you just spun the rheostat to off on the light dimmer to the left of the steering column by accident.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or you just spun the rheostat to off on the light dimmer to the left of the steering column by accident.

No, I’m one of those people who fidgets with stuff like that when I’m driving, and it’s not working. Plus it seems to perfectly coincide with me hotwiring that particular wire.

·
Registered
800 Posts
So how does it sound? Pics?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dash light issue came from me switching the Orange/white wire over to permanent battery power. The 5A fuse for those lights blew, whether from crossing something, or from the disconnection.
The sub sounds great, after some adjusting. PO, not having a sub, had cranked the bass up on the radio. Took a while to find that adjustment, but once I dialed it way back, and tweaked the sub’s settings, it has a nice sound and feel without making me feel like I drive a pimp-Jeep. The rubber feet made all the difference.
The picture isn’t my best, but it’s a funky angle. And that’s anti-seize from the seat bolts on the sub. Gonna work at getting that off. While I’ve concealed and stowed all the wires leading to it, I still haven’t figured out how to pretty up the last bits under the seat. Once the sub is mounted, you can’t remove the wires to coil them. Lesson learned from that; don’t leave it for last.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
My first real project other than fixing a few minor engine things: mounting a Pioneer compact subwoofer under the passenger seat. Mounted and grounded it with one of the seat mounts, and used rubber speaker feet at the mounts, with an extra in the middle. Now my wife says her seat vibrates (you’re welcome!). Nowhere near what some of you do, but building up confidence for the stuff under the hood.

Funny how some modifications tend to make the girls say “let’s just take the Jeep”....

������

And FWIW, anything you do to your Jeep that makes you smile, that is what it is all about!

All of our Jeeps start with something. Even my current “keeper” YJ, which I consider to be a pretty nice one, started with doing something. It had been sitting for nine years, and was quite the mess to say the least. Just cleaning the crap out of the inside of the interior, including the original top which had been stuffed in it for years, was a start.

When I couldn’t get the fuel pump to light after chasing power from the relay, I pulled the tank to discover what appeared to be a healthy saltwater ecosystem!

Oh the joy of ethanol! My girlfriend was like “what IS that?” ��

I remember thinking at the time: “ Oh God, here we go...”

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts