Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished putting on my 2in skyjacker BB and four new shocks by myself today. Considering I have done very little vehicle maintenance or work on previous vehicles, I am pretty proud! It did take me longer than normal, but the rear went much quicker than the front because I learned a few things along the way. Getting it aligned now, can't wait to take it out Sunday!!

·
Rather be on the mountain
1,476 Posts
Congrats! It is great sense of accomplishment when you under take a project and finish it without help. Before long you'll be wanting to install a long arm kit!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's crazy, there ate already a ton of things I want to do, it's just this little thing called money!!
Thanks for the support and encouragement y'all, and here is the mandatory pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Looking good!!!!!!!:punk: Keep us posted 'cause that's the set up I was looking at. Love to know what you think of it. Thanks for sharing the photo...are those 31" tires?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dockman4 said:
Looking good!!!!!!!:punk: Keep us posted 'cause that's the set up I was looking at. Love to know what you think of it. Thanks for sharing the photo...are those 31" tires?
Ya, they are 31x10.50. I am thinking about going to 32s this January. I'll let you know after this weekend how it does, driving to work tomorrow and jeeping this weekend.

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Congrats!!! Now onward to bigger and better things.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Phil05LJ said:
Thats a noticeable amount of lift, you souldn't have any problem clearing 32s.
Ya, I'm just worried about my 3.07 gearing and the stock tire carrier/tailgate, if it can hold them without warping.

25172021k said:
Congratulations!! I just did that this morning!
How long did it take you? Took me about 4 hrs on the front, then only 2 for the back( I finally figured out what the heck I was doing!!)

I really like the way it looks now!

·
Registered
188 Posts
About the same time. The back is much easier (1.5hr). The front gave me troubles. I had a tough time with the springs (5 hours). Now I did do a few other things while it was torn apart.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What else did ya do? I would have loved to do tons, however that little money issue kept stopping me! Dang money!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Maintenance -I just did some rust cleanup Change diff. Fluids- inspect brake lines ...

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fazed said:
Looks good Brian. You're still shorter than me though! Hahaha!
That's ok, you are still shorter than that oldsmobile!! Hahaha

Besides, it ain't the size of the lift, is how ya drive it, "mud it like a man!!"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts