Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The paint along the front of my hood, hidden by my bug deflector is worn and unsightly. Any one know anything, short of painting it - not in the budget - to conceal it. I was thinking something along the lines of like some type of tape similar to what one would put on their rocker panels...Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Check your yellow pages for your local sign and decal shop. They'll have stuff like that and can probably do a fair job of color matching for you too.
A more expensive option would be a bra.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is it chipped or flaking off. Have any pictures? There a few things out there for rock chips. Dr. Color Chip.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not chipped, its like faded/worn off down to the bare metal. I will take a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check your yellow pages for your local sign and decal shop. They'll have stuff like that and can probably do a fair job of color matching for you too.
A more expensive option would be a bra.
Not a bad idea :) I had not thought about that.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
i got some tape from a sign shop supplier. it comes in so many colors and sizes it was hard to choose. the place i bought from is in seattle. most sign tape is good for aboue 5 years or so.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I cut vinyl signs at my job. That will work, some shops even have the diamond plate. You can get the protective pieces that 3m tape to it in black diamond plate from 4wd.com and some other places. just my $.02 woth!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to a sign shop this morning and for about 50 bucks I can get some black vinyl to go on there. Going to use about a 2 in wide strip. I shouldn't be too out of place once I replace the chrome bezels and hood latches with black ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts