Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally broke down and installed my front license plate holder over the Rubicon winch hole cover on my Hard Rock bumper and the first two words that came to mind were UGH and YUCK!!!

Almost makes me want to move to Kansas. LOL

To Mopar's credit, the plate holder fits nicely and took a total of about three minutes to install.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm mulling this over in my head as we speak. My hard rock will be in in a couple weeks and I live in a state which requires a front plate. I'm getting winch installed as soon as I get it and am kinda hoping all the activity on the front end I will go unnoticed. Nice thing about my state is they cannot pull you over because of no plate, but if they do for something else they can write you up.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Maximus-3 got you covered. Here's a pic of my previous 10a/HR bumper.

View attachment 2994082
I ordered one of these this week in preparation for the arrival of my new plates. It's supposed to arrive next Friday. Guess when my plates came. Yesterday. Wait... No. They haven't come in yet. Yeah, that's it. They're not here. Don't have to install the hideous Mopar bracket.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I couldn't bring myself to install the factory so I went to the band saw and vice and made my own using the skid plate bolts:

ac

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I live in Ohio where we need a front plate but never run one on the Jeep's the last 3 year's. No issues yet.
Hope you didn't just jinx yourself.

I had a truck with no front plate. Thing was like 8 years old, never an issue.

Out of the blue one day parked for less than an hour in a very un-busy street and I walked out to see a no front plate ticket tucked under the wiper.

Pretty sure it was just a fix-it ticket though.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I finally broke down and installed my front license plate holder over the Rubicon winch hole cover on my Hard Rock bumper and the first two words that came to mind were UGH and YUCK!!!

To Mopar's credit, the plate holder fits nicely and took a total of about three minutes to install.

....shame ya didn't do a search before drilling :(

The plate mount linked below uses 3 of the front skid plate bolts to install. It's the absolute FIRST thing I bought for the jeep after leaving explicit instructions to both my salesman and the sales manager to NOT let the prep guys drill into the bumper of my new HR. In fact, it was waiting for the Jeep to be delivered for about 3 weeks.

https://maximus-3.com/10ax-and-hard-rock/low-mount-license-plate-bracket

Guess you could still use it. Maybe remove the one you installed and fill the holes some some bolts that look like all of the rest in the top? That's what I was planning to do if they didn't get to the prep guys in time.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I also live in NY, and I have a 2015 JKU HR. I did not even think a thing about where the dealership attached the front license plate. After reading this thread, I want to call the dealership and ask for them to fix the holes where they attached it. (I have yet to add a winch to my Jeep, but it is in the plans.)

·
Registered
57 Posts

Before:

After:
I just put my front plate on my HR Rubicon and I think it looks fine.

When people look at your Jeep they won't even notice your license plates.

The cops might. :)

I have been checking out other jeeps license plates since I just put mine on and Ive realized that its just not a big deal.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I'm not usually one to complain about the different motor vehicle laws and regs, but MO's front license plate req has always slightly annoyed me. Not bad on my Jeep's giant hunk-O-plastic front bumper.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I live in Ohio where we need a front plate but never run one on the Jeep's the last 3 year's. No issues yet.
Same here. I have been running no front plates on all my cars since 16 years old (7 years) and not a single problem. I refuse to put front plates on my vehicles :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well Im in Kansas and I love not having to have a front license plate, but theirs not much offroading areas here!
Tuttle Creek and Kansas Rocks. Hell, I wish we had those two places alone! :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Tuttle Creek and Kansas Rocks. Hell, I wish we had those two places alone! :)
Actually yes! Tuttle creek is great! My avatar (profile pic) of my jeep is from tuttle creek! Place is grand its just a 2 hour drive to get there, haven't heard of Kansas rocks however, Ill have to look into that, Im always looking for a good place to wheel!

·
Registered
70 Posts
well actually yes! Tuttle creek is great! My avatar (profile pic) is my jeep in tuttle creek! Place is grand its just a 2 hour drive to get there, haven't heard of Kansas rock however, Ill have to look into that, Im always looking for a good place to wheel!
My av is at tuttle creek as well. Kansas Rocks is near Fort Scott Kansas.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts