Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would CLR cleaner work on rusty looking interior hinges, bolts, etc making them look better? Any other product?

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Specifically which bolts and hinges are rusty? Remove them and hit them with some spray paint.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx everyone...just hinges for the back seat on the back floor, the hinge on the actual back seat...bolts and stuff on the front seat that are holding down etc..just surface rust I guess...I'm lazy so want to do it quick lol...but I guess sandpaper and paint the best

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Then do it quick. I hit those same items in place with what ever paint I had in my hand (may have been satin rustoleum or fusion). No need to go crazy with (any) prep for those parts.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,126 Posts
I know CLR works for removing lime and other forms of dissolved minerals, it works on rust too?

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
CLR - Calcium Lime Rust

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
CLR works ok on rust, but if you really want to remove rust, take the part out and soak it in cheap toilet bowl cleaner for a few minutes. I guarantee you will be impressed. Paint it quick though as it will flash rust very quickly. DO NOT put aluminum in toilet cleaner. I restore antique Coleman lanterns, and toilet bowl cleaner has saved me countless hours of work literally. I usually use "The Works" brand.

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
Rust mort is specifically made for removing rust

1 - 13 of 13 Posts