Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm having trouble finding good detail about Mopar's Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS), beyond basic marketing stuff. I asked the dealer about it when ordering a 2014, explaining it to him as best I could, and he kept thinking I was talking about Lojack - finally saying "you can talk to us about installing Lojack when you pick up your vehicle", at which point I gave up.

Perhaps someone knows of an email address at Mopar where I could get answers to this? If so, please forward this along, or PM the email address to me and I will post a summary of what I learn from them.

Here is what I'm looking for in a vehicle unit:
- Has its own battery that recharges from the vehicle's electrical system, but doesn't require the vehicle to be the only source of electrical power (protects against thieves cutting the battery cables).
- Does not plug into On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) connectors (too easy for thieves to find)
- Is small enough that I can hide it somewhere in the vehicle (maybe in a roll bar?).
- Uses both GPS and Cellular signals to establish location (in case one of them is out of range).

Here is what I'm looking for in a system:
- If I have armed the system and the vehicle moves, send me a text message.
- If I log into the system's web site, show me where the vehicle is located on a map.

Nice to haves:
- If the factory alarm system, or additional after-market alarm system is triggered, send me a text message.

I'm not stuck on the unit/system being Mopar, though I'm not sure if I want to go so far as rigging something up with a used cell phone. Seems like there should be a package out there that does what I'm looking for - does anybody know of one?
thanks!

·
Registered
435 Posts
If you loose your Jeep, send yourself an Email claiming it has top secret NSA paper documents.

Wait 10 minutes and Uncle Sam will find it for you.

Edit: you mentioned cell phone is ok,
So take an old iPhone and wire it in. Use the "Find my phone" feature.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.
Somehow I got the idea that Mopar's EVTS gives me this feature:
- If I have armed the system and the vehicle moves, send me a text message.
and I'm liking the idea of quickly catching the bastrds.
All I've been able to find from Mopar marketing descriptions is something about a "security fence"..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts