Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If all the modern interior look was removed from the inside and outside of the Wrangler and offered in olive drab or desert tan, would it sell enough to make it profitable ?
There might be enough veteran seniors around that would buy it.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: If removed--

Then replaced with what ?--thay can't sell an "Incomplete" vehicle-

Ask AEV how many of their modified JK/JKUs are sold--they cost BIG BUCKS-

I'm an "old vet" and I wouldn't buy one like that !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:whistling: If removed--

Then replaced with what ?--thay can't sell an "Incomplete" vehicle-

Ask AEV how many of their modified JK/JKUs are sold--they cost BIG BUCKS-

I'm an "old vet" and I wouldn't buy one like that !

You're definitely "one" who wouldn't.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Another old vet. Nope. I like my YJ, but it's nice to have all the good stuff on my 10 Rubi.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright guys I get the message. By the way I wasn't talking about doing away with the present Wrangler, just adding a new variation.
Oh well, I guess it's just me !

·
Registered
68 Posts
BroomHandle, i understand what you mean or i think i do.

You mean taking out all the electronics right? just put in a standard AM/FM radio nothing big, and a 6speed manual transmission. No carpet. and only lighting that you need on the inside. This would make the jeep "rugged". I'd get one. Desert flat tan, but it would have to have a seal on it i can't stand the feel of that paint the army uses. And put a brush guard and winch on the mother and you got your self a solid jeep.

count me in

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D No sweat youngun--

Alright guys I get the message. By the way I wasn't talking about doing away with the present Wrangler, just adding a new variation.
Oh well, I guess it's just me !
Just remember when you mention "old vets", your gonna get some non-groupee opinions !!

Smokemifyougotem

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BroomHandle, i understand what you mean or i think i do.

You mean taking out all the electronics right? just put in a standard AM/FM radio nothing big, and a 6speed manual transmission. No carpet. and only lighting that you need on the inside. This would make the jeep "rugged". I'd get one. Desert flat tan, but it would have to have a seal on it i can't stand the feel of that paint the army uses. And put a brush guard and winch on the mother and you got your self a solid jeep.

count me in
That's what I mean. The wrangler drivetrain with a military body and interior.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I drove 1945CJ2 and 1954 Willys Overland Wagon for years.

While I loved the bare knuckle basics at that point in my life, their enchanting if not naive engineering simplicity remained for decades in absolutely primitive design areas such as brakes, power plant, suspension, weather protection, lighting and so forth.

Having to dismount to pump gas into the filler neck located directly under the driver seat cushion added an immediate authenticity to the experience, along with the occasional headiness of petroleum fumes venting during the process.

Nor do I wish to return to the simplistic honesty of manual transmission, along with foregoing an astonishing variety of other pleasures I never thought I'd like.....

Perhaps the general plush appointments of the Sahara have somehow disconnected my tenuous grasp on the pleasures of "Steampunk Wrangler" project model.....but I doubt it.

Certainly I for one could return to the bleakness of one gauge in the dash (properly metal of course)...no gas gauge, one speed wiper, 6 volt battery, etc.
After all......CJ2 went around the world without any electronics, not to mention a working effective heater, defroster or single cup holder!!!

But I ain't planning on turning in the 24G option package until my little field experiment is complete!!!

So no, don't sign me up ...yet...

...although.....I ~might~ tow my Steampunk Motorcycle behind it:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Interesting idea, replace the seats with canvas covered plywood, loose the stereo and put in a PRC 25. Would I have to give up my power windows??:rolleyes:

Bob (another "veteran senior")

·
Registered
432 Posts
If all the modern interior look was removed from the inside and outside of the Wrangler and offered in olive drab or desert tan, would it sell enough to make it profitable ?
There might be enough veteran seniors around that would buy it.
This veteran "senior" would not. The "MUTT" forever changed my posture AND the distance between each vertebrae. I wouldn't pay money to reproduce that.

Semper Fi

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think it would be that bad with a JK Wrangler drivetrain and chassis. The changes would be purely cosmetic.

Oh well, it was just an idea. I loved my 1948 Jeep although I was 15 years old.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I think it would bring down the value of a JK. Right now even the 2007 are holding value real well. But I think a TJ would make a very good candidate for this type of minimalist strip down and actually hold it's value quite well and depending on the year, may even increase the value if done real well. Not to mention the TJ is still easy to drop the window over the JK model.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think it would bring down the value of a JK. Right now even the 2007 are holding value real well. But I think a TJ would make a very good candidate for this type of minimalist strip down and actually hold it's value quite well and depending on the year, may even increase the value if done real well. Not to mention the TJ is still easy to drop the window over the JK model.
It would not replace the present JK. It would be a new available optional Jk model.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts