Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
If it's not rotted out, and the motor/trans are ok I think it's a pretty good deal. 6 cyl. jeeps tend to be more expensive than that. Just be aware there are probably a few issues you won't see right away and be prepared to throw at least a little money at it for fluids,plugs,electric gremlins and such.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Seems like a great price! But, prices can vary depending on where you live. Something like that would sell in a day or 2 around here (Southern Oregon). I'd ask them what issues its having? They mentioned carb trouble, what have they had done about it? Any mechanic look at it?
How long have they had it? Have they replaced any parts? I'm sure basic maintenance issues will arise. Hubs, Tie rods, Plugs, Wires, etc...
But, at that price, seems like it's worth a test drive.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
If it's not rotted out!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a white 1990 with 4.2 and 5 speed. I absolutely love it, especially compared to the 4 banger TJ I had before, tons more power on the street, I have no problem going 80, my TJ couldn't do that unless going down hill. But beware, that looks like it has the "sand" interior, although it is a nice color, I have it also and have not found any after market support for that color.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Definitely a good price if the tub isn't rusted out. Hard tops and full steel doors are generally expensive and hard to come by, so that's a plus. But if it were me, I would wait to get one with fuel injection, unless you want to be under the hood frequently. They started making those in 91 I believe, possibly 92.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. But I don't think the person is going to message me back sadly. Its been a couple of days with no reply I'll probably keep looking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts