Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Still on my search for a used jeep, got a line on 2012 rubicon. Unit looks clean, no lift but larger tires. Has 72k miles. Has the gear upgrade, I drove it and it drives good, like all the others I've tested. What is scaring me is the mileage, in my area I think I'm getting a good deal at 22k, it's from a dealer and there wanting to move it.
Is this to many miles? I want a rubicon, but others like this are between 25 and 30k, and this one drives as nice if not nicer then the others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
544 Posts
...it's a 5 year old vehicle w/72K miles..that's not even 15K/year. It's on the high end, but I wound't consider it "high mileage" for the age by any means..

·
Registered
295 Posts
My daughter paid 25k plus a 1500 trade in so 26.5k last year for a 2012 JKU Rubicon with 68k on it. It had had a head replaced which didn't bother me. The dealer had started at 32k and settled at 26.5. It still had the soft top under the hard top and the 2 boxes of Jeep stuff in the back. Some woman bought it as a garaged commuter vehicle and garaged it every night. I would not worry about that mileage as long as it was serviced.
We have a 2012 Grand Cherokee that also had had a head replaced early on and it now has 83k on it. It runs like a top and I am not a 3.6 fan, I am a 4.0 slug fan.
I cannot complain about the 3.6 engines.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Two or Four door?

Did you get a chance to see a Car Fax.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Is this to many miles? I want a rubicon, but others like this are between 25 and 30k, and this one drives as nice if not nicer then the others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My 2016 has 22K on it. 72K is barely broke in.

I'm frequently surprised at how few miles people put on their Jeeps.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Two or Four door?

Did you get a chance to see a Car Fax.
Two v good questions.

What gears?

Pending clean car fax, I would go for it. If you want you can send me a link and I'll check it out lol, my 09' has 144k.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
This is a 2 door, I saw the vin report and does have the 4.10 upgrade, which was a big selling point for me.

Thanks
That's even better, I thought you were saying he did an aftermarket gear upgrade. Which made me think why would someone upgrade from 4:10 w out 35s at least on a 12 and newer. Then I remembered the upgrade was an option on that year.

I get it if you want a two door, no hate. I know two ppl who had a hard time selling their two doors. Which amazed me cause unlimiteds wouldn't stay on the lot for v long if they were decent buys when I was shopping.

I wanted to be able to sleep in mine, that was a must so I went w a four door. I do believe Rubicons have a resale advantage though. Of course after owning mine a week I came to the conclusion I may never get rid of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts