1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
324 Posts
its 6500, for 5K its a heck of a deal. Yes buy it. I built my axles similar with a RockJock 44, got over 7K just in front axle.

·
Super Moderator
23,151 Posts
sounds like a deal but I would be hesitant buying a 3rd hand set not really knowing the history.

Reactions: jaysong

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
3rd-hand set with 60,000 miles on the rear!

Everybody's different, but if I couldn't afford to buy new or barely used I'd just wait till I could.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
3rd-hand set with 60,000 miles on the rear!

Everybody's different, but if I couldn't afford to buy new or barely used I'd just wait till I could.
Even if you were concerned about the miles --new set of bearings, seals,and any sign of wear possibly a new set of gears I think you would be way ahead if you were looking to do a build. 60K on the rear wouldn't bother me too much. Agree though everyone is different.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Couple of things wrong here.

First, there's no such thing as disposable dollars, even if you're a millionaire. Second, if I had that amount of what I (wrongly) considered "disposable" dollars, I wouldn't be shopping for used parts on Craigslist. Especially for items of this caliber. If that amount of money is deemed truly disposable, then buying new wouldn't be an issue at all.

I think you should sell your jeep, take two steps back, and reassess your life and where you're going. Stop this madness before it's too late.

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
Couple of things wrong here.

First, there's no such thing as disposable dollars, even if you're a millionaire. Second, if I had that amount of what I (wrongly) considered "disposable" dollars, I wouldn't be shopping for used parts on Craigslist. Especially for items of this caliber. If that amount of money is deemed truly disposable, then buying new wouldn't be an issue at all.

I think you should sell your jeep, take two steps back, and reassess your life and where you're going. Stop this madness before it's too late.

Haha... you're in the wrong forum for that!

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Way too heavy for what I do, overkill. The factory 44's is all I need. $5K will maintain my JK as long as I own it.

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
I thought it was comical giving sound financial advice on a jeep forum. Had a smile while typing. That's funny shit.
I'm going to be honest with you... when I first read it I was saying to myself "oh.. one of those guys.." and then all of a sudden my sarcasm alarm started screaming in my head. Ahhh... funny!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay - low balled him and got them for 3500. Now it's time to figure out where I can spend my leftover disposable 1500 bucks! Maybe I'll shop Craigs for the 37 ridge grapplers and level 8 bullies I was going to get from discount direct. Or maybe I'll take the advice and just sell it. After all perhaps my life does need some re-assessing.

QUOTE=BourbonNcigars;31813810]Couple of things wrong here.

I think you should sell your jeep, take two steps back, and reassess your life and where you're going. Stop this madness before it's too late.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
154 Posts
To pull something from another forum I frequent:

You Suck!*

Nice price, and at that price there is no way I would pass on that. Heck, the ball joints are rebuild-able, so sell the spare set for $3-400, and those 37s are in the budget without question.

Note that "you suck" is the appropriate way to congratulate someone on scoring a great deal that makes you jealous.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts