Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
We've owned ours for a handful of months and already dropped in more, plus the purchase price, than we could get outta it. Wranglers are very popular around here and that market is by no means flooded, so I think depreciation has bottomed out. When it's time to sell we just hope to put a chunk of money in our pockets to help offset the loses...

It's not like a muscle car where they appreciate each year if well maintained.... At least not yet..... :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Depends really. In my area right now any Wrangler up for sale demands a premium. I've seen bone stock 4.0 Wranglers under 100,000 miles for 10 grand in good shape. Modded out franken jeeps can go as high as 30,000 depending on year, condition, and mods. Mine is somewhere in the middle with a set of American Racing bullet hole wheels and slightly wider tires.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I’ve got a lot of stuff the boys will get someday: guns, tractors, equipment, trailers, ATV’s, camping stuff, and land.
The only thing they argue about is the ‘89 YJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JonStevens

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,417 Posts
Anything that you spend quality time with your kids, grandkids is an investment in all of your lives. You will never get a return on it but they will have that when you are gone.
Any minute out on some old back road is time well spent.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Because its a jeep thing, all I need to do is to teach them to drive stick, as they are lazy drivers:unsure:
The oldest two can drive stick, taught them in the hayfields.
I told them if they drive the Jeep, they can drive anything, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a 95 Wrangler SE I bought new when I was in the Navy. I sold it after a few years and wished I had it back for the last 25 years! I bought a 94 Wrangler SE last weekend and the flood of memories and emotions is awesome. My "investment" comes in the form of dreams and new memories I plan to make in it with my family.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a 95 Wrangler SE I bought new when I was in the Navy. I sold it after a few years and wished I had it back for the last 25 years! I bought a 94 Wrangler SE last weekend and the flood of memories and emotions is awesome. My "investment" comes in the form of dreams and new memories I plan to make in it with my family. View attachment 4528324
It look really good enjoy it to the fullest.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts