Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently brought a 2012 JKU Sahara and i am debating on if i should use the stock tires(Bridgestone Dueler A/T) until 30 or 40 percent thread left, or just purchase new tires(probably Toyo Open Country M/T's) My family and friends tell me I should just use the stock one's first then buy new one's but i keep feeling guilty/embarassed driving around with the stocks. I feel like i'm not doing my Jeep justice. If you guys saw a new Jeep on the road with stock tires would you laugh at it or not? Here is a pic of my Jeep..

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Depends on your budget......

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Ive got a '12 JKUS and I'll be running the stock tires for a little while. I paid for 'em might as well get some use.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I have a Cosmos Blue '12 Sport that I will run those tires down to nuttin'--but I also have an '04 Tj that does the wheeling for me.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Totally up to you. I upgraded right away because I'm impatient. :)

I can tell you that most people including myself have had good luck selling the stock wheels and tires for around $100-$150 each. I sold my set for $600. Paid for almost half of my new set.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Totally up to you. I upgraded right away because I'm impatient. :)

I can tell you that most people including myself have had good luck selling the stock wheels and tires for around $100-$150 each. I sold my set for $600. Paid for almost half of my new set.
yeah me too, i'm very impatient. That is a good idea, selling the tires..I hope i can get that much. My jeep only has 1100 miles on it, so..

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Ltblue said:
well i do have spacers, not much of a mod but mainly.. would you wrangler owners look at it and laugh because it has stock tires?
Laugh? Hell no dude. It's all good. :D

Please don't get into a rush to spend money just because you're worried what others will think.

Take your time and plan out what you want to do. You'll be happier and better off in the end.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha alright as long as you guys(wrangler owners) don't really care about stock, I don't feel so bad anymore. But sure would like those Toyo M/T's :)

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Ltblue said:
yeah me too, i'm very impatient. That is a good idea, selling the tires..I hope i can get that much. My jeep only has 1100 miles on it, so..
I'm impatient but I didn't make rash decisions. I posted my share of questions on the forum and made an informed decision when I did decide to upgrade.

Alot of smart people on here.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Ltblue said:
haha alright as long as you guys(wrangler owners) don't really care about stock, I don't feel so bad anymore. But sure would like those Toyo M/T's :)
IF you upgraded what size are you looking at?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IF you upgraded what size are you looking at?
I would probably stick with the stock size(32's) but i would definitely get it wider, 275 or 285 since i brought spacers for it.. 33's i don't know if it will fit without a lift.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I would run them(duelers are good winter tires) in the winter in NY. I would buy some custom wheels and tires for summer.
Road chemicals in Idaho winters eat custom wheels.
I had the P225/75R16 on steel wheels. No brainer in my case.
But you have nice wheels and tires from Jeep and I would try and get some mileage out of them.
Or you could try and sell them back to Dealership or on Craigslist to offset new wheels and tires.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts